Importing Household & Personal Goods - Moving to Cyprus
When moving to Cyprus, importing your household and personal goods will require a copy of your property purchase contract agreement or renting contract when clearing the goods from the customs office. You should not require the services of a clearing agent; you would attend the pre-arranged meeting at the customs office, check your goods and be on your way. The important thing to remember is, make sure your cargo list is accurate and you have all the required documents with you. The customs chaps in Cyprus are easy going and we not give you a hard time.
Find verified international moving companies
Receive up to 6 free, no obligation removal quotes
Quick and easy to use 3 step form
Save up to 70% off the price of your international move
We've already helped over 100,000 home movers
Compare to save time and money today
We are a specialist moving and shipping company offering fast, weekly overseas removals services direct from the UK to thousands of destinations worldwide. Whether you are moving just a few boxes or shipping the contents of your house or home you can be assured of a safe, secure and stress free move at 1st Move.
Britannia Movers International offers a full range of removal and storage services. Whether you are moving house or office, moving abroad, moving to the UK or moving within the UK, Britannia has something to offer you.
When importing your personal goods and belongings to Cyprus there are regulations for EU members and Non EU members.
By Sea Freight
With personal goods shipped by sea you are required to fill out documents: SAD T2L and OBL or express Waybill and a packing list.
By Air Freight
Should you import your personal belongings to Cyprus by air, the documents that are required are AWB under ‘C' status and a packing list.
EU members have NO import duty, excise duty or VAT to be paid on new or used personal belongings.
Non EU members
Require the Following Documents to Import Personal Goods to Cyprus:
• Packing List.
• Shipper's passport
• House contract showing rental or purchase of property in Cyprus
• Letter from employer confirming his employment if working in Cyprus
• Letter from Children's school confirming their registration
For non EU member countries there will be NO import duty, excise duty or VAT on used household items and personal effects provided the following apply:
• Consignee's place of residence has been outside the EU for a continuous period of at least 12 months.
• Goods are imported within 12 months of transfer of residency.
• Goods have been owned and used by the consignee in their former place of residence for at least 6 months.
You must be present when your personal goods are cleared from the customs in Cyprus, either shipped by air or sea.
Relief from Duty Provides:
• Goods not be sold, lent, pledged, hired-out, or transferred during the 12-month period following importation.
• Alcoholic & Tobacco products or articles for use as a trade or profession are not eligible for Personal Relief.
• Customs Examination may be required at customs' discretion.
Department of Customs and Excise: Tel: +357 22 601 657 | Tel: +357 22 601 658
Representation of Cyprus to the EU: Tel: +357 22 735 350
There are many freight forwarders in all countries, please contact several and not just one company. Get to know them, ask plenty of questions and ensure that they have a good working knowledge of shipping goods to Cyprus.